Photo: Joshua Paul; Styling: Alicia Warner
I use my own granola, available online (milkandhoneygranola.com), but feel free to use your favorite. Prep: 30 minutes; Bake: 45 minutes.
Carol's Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
Makes about 10 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh strawberries, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 5 stalks rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (about 1 small orange)
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur or orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
2. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients with hands until crumbly. Add egg, and combine. Place on top of fruit mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Carol Watson, Cottage Living, JULY 2007